This is a tall and lovely palm that can bring some peacefulness to your home. Its fronds are not as wide as most of the other palms so you may find you have just right the place for it even in a smaller room or a narrow space. There is something about palms that is so soothing. With just the right care the Majesty palm can grace a space for years.
Palms can be dust collectors so it would be wise to own a feather or microfiber duster to gently use on it once in awhile. From time to time, a gentle shower with a garden hose outdoors or in the shower indoors would be helpful.
- Bright indirect light or some direct sun. Full afternoon sun is too much. Mostly shady outdoors.
- I've only seen these sold in a 10" (25 cm) diameter sized pot. A Majesty Palm in that size pot should be watered when the soil surface is quite dry, however long that takes.
- Water with up to 2 quarts (2 liters) of water when necessary for a palm in a 10" (25cm container). Use up to 1 gallon (almost 4 liters) in a 14" (35cm) diameter pot.
- During winter months, water with 1 quart for 10" pots and 2 quarts for 14" diameter pots. If your Majesty palm has dried out, give it a full soak instead.
- Soil moisture meters are helpful for some and available at many garden centers and online.
- Fertilize regularly.
- Dust the leaves when necessary
- Some extra humidity would be appreciated. A daily misting would be helpful.