- Some direct sun is best or strong indirect light. Most sansevieria are considered low light plants but this one should have more light.
- A plant in a 4" (10 cm) diameter pot (like the one pictured here) should dry out about 1/2" (1 1/4 cm) below the soil line before watering. Water it enough so that water comes through the bottom of the pot but don't let it sit in water very long.
- Water a plant in a 6"-8" (15-20 cm) diameter pot when the soil is dry about 1" (about 3 cm) below the soil line.
- 6" (15 cm) diameter pots will take up to a pint of water and 8" (20 cm) pots will use about 1 quart (about 1 liter) of water when necessary
- Fertilize regularly for best growth
**To see other indoor plants on this blog, click here: The Indoor Garden blog