This is a tall and lovely palm that can bring some peacefulness to your home. It's not as wide as most of the other palms with large fronds and you may find you have just right the place for it even in a smaller room.There is something about palms that is so soothing. With just the right care the Majesty palm can grace a space for years.
Palms can be dust collectors so it would be wise to own a feather duster to gently use on it once in awhile. A gentle shower with a garden hose from time to time would be helpful too.
- Bright indirect light or some direct sun. Full afternoon sun is too much.
- I've only seen these sold in a 10" (25 cm) diameter sized pot. In that size, it should be watered when it is quite dry on the soil surface or up to an inch or 2 (2.5-5 cm) below the soil surface.
- Water with up to 2 quarts ( 2 liters of water), when necessary.
- Soil moisture meters are helpful for some and available at many garden centers and online
- Fertilize at 1/2 strength regularly for best color and growth.
- Dust the leaves when necessary
- Some extra humidity would be appreciated. A daily misting would be helpful.